Great Ethiopian Run 2015
Following the hugely successful initiative last year, the ILCU Foundation is pleased to announce the participants of the Great Ethiopian Run 2015, after a random draw that took place due to the large number of submissions of interest received. The eight representatives from credit unions’ around the island of Ireland drawn, to participate in the challenge and to visit ILCU Foundation supported projects across the historic African country, are as follows:
- Sandra McCormack – Cavan Credit Union Ltd.
- Amanda Ryan – Thurles Credit Union Ltd.
- Paul Gibbons – Castleblaney Credit Union Ltd.
- Derek Smith – Mullingar Credit Union Ltd.
- Sean Staunton – Progressive Credit Union Ltd.
- Breda Manton – Thurles Credit Union Ltd.
- Eva Mc Closkey – Letterkenny Credit Union Ltd.
- Joe O’Flaherty – Progressive Credit Union Ltd.
The group will fly to Addis Abba on the 20th November and will join over 30,000 people to take part in the 15th edition of the 10km run; the race attracts participants from across the world and raises thousands of euros for charities, the Irish contingent were the largest representative international group in attendance at the 2014 event.